Jonah, what are you trying to say?
So what's the point of this story again? And what's with the un-ended story?
Is God's final question rhetorical? Or is it left for the reader (originally Israel, and now for us today) to answer?
Jonah 4:11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh...?
Questions to consider:
- Who and what is our world?
- Who do 'we' (the church) get angry over and consider outside of God's love?
- Who are our Ninevites? Is it right for God to love 'our' world? Or is it 'his' world?
- What and who do I love and why?
- How do I learn to love what and whom God loves?